Tuesday 31 July 2007

Pre-Saturday Review: M.I.A / Kala

M.I.A, Kala

This album is out early in Japan, and it just goes to show how this girl is potentially the first universally recognised underground popstar. I was a bit apprehensive about this album, i only like odd moments from Arular. M.I.A has stated this album is the more feminine accompaniment to her last album and for me that works so much better...

Here i do like the aggressive overlaid tracks they feel urgent and unrepentant that u will sit up and listen if not necessarily dance.

My favourite track is 'The Turn' its a much more mellow track than i was expecting and follows brilliantly from the epic sound of 'World Town'. However, it looks like the Timbaland tracks will be providing the singles promotion and that's no bad thing really, 'Boys' was a great lead-in and if his latest muse: Madonna comes up with anything as leftfield as second single 'Jimmy' then she's got another hit album this winter.




No comments: