Wednesday 22 August 2007

lets get the job done

Darren Hayes, 'How To Build A Time Machine',
This Delicate Thing We've Made




I took me a while to count how many songs this reminds me of...but for now ill claim it an instant classic.
It opens a la 'Pi' Mister Hayes iterates the quantum design. The deep voice in the chorus, around 1.55, reminds me of the sound of 'Sat In You Lap' also mirroring it thematically; detailing a thirst for knowledge.
2.57 sounds like Bjork, i wanna say 'big time sensuality' cos its a title that springs to mind. The strings hit you in the fourth minute and sound like a million Kate songs - this is no bad thing.
Each time i listen i hear new things, 'calling my dad' got me last time, then i noticed that although running down the halls, should echo 'running down that hill' it's much more frenzied almost an homage to 'hounds of love'. Its in the trees its coming.
This is my current favourite. Buy the album. I'm focusing on Disc one only and each song gives me too much to write a coherent review. So lets just say i love it.

2 comments:

xolondon said...

Nice shirtless piccie! Meaty...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Darren Hayes and his work !!! ... This album is the greatest album he's made :)