Friday 20 July 2007

and my winner is...


Jamelia, 'Beware of the Dog'

Dragging this out all week has finally payed off as my blog has reached a hundred views on average a day! hurrah for hyperbole. By now you all should've work out I'm supporting Jamelia.
If all this anticipation has u wetting yourself then here is the winning video...





I'd give this lady £20 because... as she sung on her first single shes all about the money and needs to be a bigger superstar than recent sales would suggest. oh lets get retro.





I had Jamelia's album for a while and didn't listen to it. So in January i discovered 'Beware of the Dog' and its still a great track that should've been number one longer than that wannabe with an unhealthy fetish for her 'Umbrella'. Jamelia has never been my favourite popstar but after the lacklustre acclaim for her recent album, which i had by then discovered to be one of my favourites along with the shoddy treatment from Parlophone I'm now championing this underdog.



Parlophone's lack of promotion for 'No More' led Jamelia to walk away from her recording contract. After ditching All Saints too does Parlophone really seem like the ideal home for our beloved pop chanteuse Siobhan? It'd be a crime if Jamelia's pop career ended without her winning this £20, and it may even help fund her own label from which can spurt new musics.


This song is my winner because it has throbbing beats to strut down Shinsaibashi with, a catchy sample like-homage to 'Depeche Mode's 'Personal Jesus'. 'Reach out and touch...' and it also has lyrics from Karen Poole, one half of Alisha's Attic who taught me to love pop music. (who Ive coincidentally just found out also wrote a bit of Song for Mutya?!)


All in all this is a winner, judges consider yourself implored.

No comments: